Help

Re: Using a lookup value as a conditional step in a form?

727 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mike_Buck
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

So I’ve got a base that I want to run a form out of. The table that the form is within has a link to another table that contains our product inventory, which is selectable within the form.

What I’m trying to do is use a second field, a lookup value as a conditional value to drive the actual questions on the form itself.

Example, first question is what product are you asking about, and lists product #'s. This is the link back to inventory. If the form user selects 11821, the look up value bring in “soap”, so I want to ask them three specific questions.

Any ideas? I’ve tried miniextensions forms to no luck. They can pull the look up value into their form as a read only field, but not base conditional logic off of it.

3 Replies 3

Hi @Mike_Buck
Add a new text field for each question to ask after the product is selected. (this could get quite cumbersome if there are unique questions for each product, but not so bad if the questions are Color, Size or Quantity)
So you now have a column “question to ask for Soap”
Add this to your form, then check the box to only show if the Product choice is Soap

Appreciate the suggestion, but thats what I’m trying to avoid. I don’t want the user to be able to select type - I want it auto selected for them after they choose the product.

Mike_Buck
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Its a hassle, but I think the easiest way to do it is to use concatenate to merge product ID and type into a single field “11821 - Soap” and use THAT as the linked value, and then use conditional logic on the text included.