Help

What uncommon things do you (or your employer) use Airtable for?

490 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
James_Timmins
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Airtable obviously pushes the marketing/sales/opps uses in their marketing, but I’m curious what other uses or types of business people are conducting with it.

1 Reply 1

I do all of my personal financial management in Airtable, including tracking/consolidating account balances and investments, envelope-based budgeting system, holiday gift purchase/planning, and home and vehicle maintenance tracking.

My wife and I homeschool our children, so we also have a base for organizing, planning, and tracking progress on their school year’s classes and assignments.

To go along with the school stuff, I incentivize my children to do their school work with a sort of family-friendly, homegrown DnD game, wherein they earn coins to buy new gear/spells/skills for their characters by completing assignments, and this is all managed and tracked in Airtable via syncing with the Homeschooling base.

I also have bases to facilitate playing, scoring, and tracking stats for some of my favorite board games, such as 7 Wonders, Dominion, Concordia, and Crusader Kings.

I do occasional contract work, for which I track hours and pay rates in an Airtable base, and have an automation set up to send invoices to clients.

There have been a few other “one-off” bases my wife and I have made as well, such as one we are using right now as we pack to move, in which we are recording what we are putting in boxes and giving the boxes IDs to make the moving process go more smoothly.