Help

Why is conditional logic from forms not transferred across to the interface form?

Topic Labels: Interface Designer
265 3
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Janicks
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi there, 

Looking for some help with conditional logic in forms please. I'm creating forms with conditional logic in the main airtable base, but when I add that form to an interface the conditional logic doesn't work and isn't visible / manageable from the interface. 

What am I doing wrong? And how can I publish a form via an interface with conditional logic on it. 

Many thanks

3 Replies 3

Hmm, I don't think I understand your problem.  For what it's worth, here's an Interface form with a conditonal to only display the "Notes" field if we select "Yes" in the "Show Notes" field: Form link

Screenshot 2024-05-30 at 2.40.39 PM.png

Link to base

Hey @TheTimeSavingCo  Thanks so much. That's exactly what I need it to do!! I have attached some screenshots. On my start up / close down kitchen form, we have to take 4x fridge temps throughout the day. 

AM, Midday, Random and PM.

For start up in the main base, form view, I have conditional logic set up so that when start up is selected, only the AM box for temp shows. When Close down is selected you don't see AM, but do see Midday, Random and PM boxes. 

My issue is that whilst this works in the main form base view, I get a message saying forms have been upgraded and get taken to the interface form, where it doesn't seem to be an option, and doesn't show the conditional logic set up. Am sooooo very stumped. 😫Screenshot 2024-05-30 at 15.20.18.pngScreenshot 2024-05-30 at 15.20.46.pngScreenshot 2024-05-30 at 15.22.20.pngScreenshot 2024-05-30 at 15.22.26.png

Ah, thanks for the details!  That sounds...really weird.  May I know how you trigger the message that says forms have been upgraded?  Is it when you go to the form view to edit it or something?

If you could provide a read-only invite to a duplicated copy of your base with no data in it I'd love to poke around to see what I can figure out!