Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

2-way sync Airtable bases + Airtable & Notion!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
matthew_b
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hi everyone! Wanted to share a big update we made for Airtable users.

Today we added the ability to:

1. 2-way sync between two Airtable bases!
  2. 2-way sync between Airtable and Notion!

two-way

About Whalesync

Whalesync is a no-code tool that lets you 2-way sync data between Airtable and other apps.

How it works

1. Choose the Airtable bases and/or Notion databses you want to sync
  2. Map the tables/fields to each other
  3. Choose sync direction (2-way or 1-way) and turn on real-time sync

(tutorial video)

About the updates

Our Airtable x Webflow sync has been live for a while now, so we’re still very much learning the best ways to take advantage of these new capabilities. If you have any feedback, we’d love to hear!

9 Comments
Hendrik_Yang
9 - Sun
9 - Sun

Wow!!! It’s awesome!

matthew_b
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Thanks Hendrik!! Really appreciate it.

atusr
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

What are the “pros/advantages” of this (Notion Databases Two-Way Sync!) method, compared with Make/integromat?

matthew_b
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Good question! Make is an amazing tool because it’s so flexible. You can use it to architect logic, including things like: “when a new record enters Airtable, push that record to Notion”.

Whalesync on the other hand is designed specifically for 2-way syncing data. There are many things you can’t do with Whalesync, but the thing we do very well is mirroring data across two apps.

How this manifests in terms of benefits:

1. You can setup a two-way sync in minutes rather than hours (no need to create tons of Make scenarios, instead just map your data and you’re good to go)
  2. All the tricky parts are handled for you like syncing linked records and rich text
  3. Syncing is much more stable/reliable
atusr
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

i knew about whalesync since some time ago but did not use it thinking that it was one more tool like zapier and integromat.

matthew_b
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Appreciate the feedback! You’re 100% right - we need to do a better job of making that clear.

Based on what you mentioned, we just added this to our docs :grinning_face_with_big_eyes: : What is Whalesync? - Welcome to Whalesync

Prefontaine
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I love this but, as someone who brings innovations / new approaches into a larger nonprofit (= bureaucracy), the pricing model is a nonstarter. I would have to pay for it myself and use it for longer than the trial period to even start to make the case and show value. I'm still getting folks to stop sending Word docs and our intranet is built in Cold Fusion...

brumleybass
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Agreed on the pricing here. I'd watched some videos, read the blog, started getting architectural ideas, had *no* idea that Whalesync would cost $100/month for a personal plan.

atusr
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Expensive