Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Ability to buy storage/upgrade limits without going Enterprise. Pro Plan limits too low.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Alex_from_66_PR
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

It would be great if Pro Plan got a bit of an upgrade on storage and record limits. Whats weird is that there is no tier between Pro and Enterprise. 

Airtable should either make Enterprise not have a minimum of 25 users as lots of Small businesses dont need that or make a tier between Enterprise and Pro. 10k USD is an insane jump up from spending 2000 USD a year. This just doesn't make sense.

A lot of Saas companies forget that their billing is quite high for places like southeast Asia where businesses are NOT printing money like in the west. 

Our business is at 15 GB of storage and about 20k records. Once we are over our storage limit, why cant we simple upgrade the storage only? We dont need more functionality. But are willing to pay extra for storage, but not 5 times the amount we pay now.

If Airtable doesn't change this policy, people who outgrow the Pro plan will go elsewhere. Smartsuite is another strong contender coming up and they are pumping out new features and update by the week.

Custom fields, map fields, linked records from other bases. All things that make a lot of sense but for some reason airtable doesn't implement.

7 Comments
SaS_AT
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I also would like a plan between pro and enterprise.

Being able to have admin right and manage users, see their engagement, and control multiple workspaces in one plan is ideal in smaller orgs.

Tobias_LGKR
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Totally agree. We have 4 users. Never the less we anticipate reaching certain limits, based on how we use Airtable. Higher Record limits, automation limits, enhanced interface features, etc. These are all things we would love to have. But the enterprise user minumum is simply impossible for us as well.

@Alex_from_66_PR we are not printing money either, although we are in "the west" 😏

It would be great if we could customize the plan`s functions to our needs. Some people may need more storeage, other mor automations, etc. 

Steve_Cooke
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I agree. Enterprise is overkill for our business and Pro doesn't have enough space per base. It's not a killer right now: we went over storage limit on two of our bases but were able to split them up to keep within the Pro limits. Same with the records limit, although splitting less easy... We can archive of course, but really the ideal would be to stay in one base. I can see from the performance, when we hit 40k plus records, that scaling is an issue so I guess it's possible there are some underlying Airtable tech issues that make larger bases problematic.

Connor_Finlayso
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Here in support of this!

isaiahmiller97
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I agree wholeheartedly. We need more automation runs and automation instances.

Alex_from_66_PR
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Update: We have now outgrown our Pro Plan due to storage limits. And are moving away from airtable. Most likely will close down airtable subscription once the move is complete over the next couple of months.

Ryan_Schmid

In addition to the 2x-3x cost jump for Enterprise (which in my opinion is hard to justify given the more prohibitive user roles vs. Pro roles) its really not a huge benefit for teams/ companies under 50 users. We leverage Pro and are thriving with lots of people building/ managing different data sets and for our company we need 2 things: 1) an increase in base record limit (50k --> 200k) and 2) longer record revision history (few years). All of the other add-ons lead to more significant implementation/ transition processes (which can be a good thing in due time, but right now unnecessary). A couple years ago the record limit increase was something that was mentioned as an a-la-carte possibility by a sales rep so I hope it comes to fruition!