Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Ability to create folders and subfolders within a workspace

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Matt_Sayward
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

Some of my teams are going to be getting to the point of having 50+ bases soon.

Please can we make folders and subfolders within a team so that I can get them organised?

82 Comments
Allen_Moldovan
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

+1 Needed badly. Folders, Sub Folders, folder level permission. lack of organization limits usability. I find myself creating redundant views, its easier to create a new one than referencing a built out one.

egordin
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

+1 please add this feature soon. The better Airtable gets, the more bases we have, the more organization is needed!

Matt_Sayward
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

This topic is three years old, can’t believe this still hasn’t been done :skull:

Alberto
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

An absolute MUST. AIRTABLE is getting SO good, that more organization is Needed. I am currently using color codes, but it is getting Messy. Please fix this!!!

Hans_VanDerScha
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Airtable is wonderful, but this is something basic that it should have. Please make this change for us! thanks

Allen_Moldovan
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

I desperately need something similar for my views!! I need to create a product database for over 8,000 products with 300 product types, and even more sub product types. All this will be accomplished by creating separate views based on product type. I need a folder directory in my view side bar!!

Mario_Ricalde
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I have used Airtable for a while through third-parties and I just recenlty signed up.

The fact that this feature request has been up for so long leads me to believe that they won’t implement this feature. The reason being that they seem to want you to use Workspaces to do organization… that’s how it was designed, so much in fact, that they felt like adding this message when creating one:

So if you want some semblance of organization, you better be ready to pay for it.

Disappointed.

Julie_Barber
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Why is this not a thing yet? It seems like such a simple thing compared to other features that have been added since we signed on. PLEASE give us some organizational features aside from just creating new workspaces. As a small nonprofit, we can’t justify the cost of paying for more workspaces just to organize our bases.

dilipborad
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

It really needs it now.
Please make this work. That’s not a big deal at all.

Kate_Price
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

This would be SO helpful. I’m also finding a few of my workspaces to be quite overwhelming.