Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Ability to create folders and subfolders within a workspace

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Matt_Sayward
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

Some of my teams are going to be getting to the point of having 50+ bases soon.

Please can we make folders and subfolders within a team so that I can get them organised?

81 Comments
Matt_Sayward
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

Reading between the lines, I would speculate that this request not being actioned feels like a business decision, made to ringfence a bit of additional money from a subset of premium users resorting to having multiple teams to organise their work.

If thatโ€™s true, itโ€™s a huge mistake in my opinion. From the evidence above alone, the financial upside for making Airtable work better at scale for large teams would be significant, to say the least.

Gus_Ellison
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1 for this feature. My workaround has been to create a base to track bases! I have a โ€œdirectoryโ€ base with a URL link and button to other bases. You can use labels for categories, departments, groups, people, etc. with different views to organize. Yes, this is not ideal but I do really like the functionality of Airtable compared to other solutions.

Irene_Pak1
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I cannot believe this is still not a feature. If theyโ€™re going to stick stubbornly to this absurd billing by workspace structure, they need to implement folders before their userbase starts peeling off or a third-party app steps in to help organize the dozens or hundreds of bases within a workspace.

OR

Change the billing structure so that no Pro-features user is billed over a certain amount per month. Itโ€™s absurd that if I want to organize my dozes of Pro bases across multiple workspaces (because that is currently the only way to group them, Iโ€™d be billed X amount of times for the same number of bases.

Kirsti_Griffith
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Canโ€™t believe this still isnโ€™t a feature. This lack of feature coupled with the billing structure means Airtable is not scalable for growing teams.

Karlstens
11 - Venus
11 - Venus

Still nothing from Airtable to address this issue? As a sole trader, Iโ€™m needing a way to divide up bases in my workspace between various other users (who are unrelated from one another) โ€ฆ along with those associated Pro costsโ€ฆ itโ€™s a real pain. Really hoping this can be addressed sooner than later, as it impacts the growth points for those of us bringing new clients in to use Airtable.

SJP
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

ughโ€ฆ 5 years and still waiting

Alvaro_Hernande
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

+1
We need to be able to organice bases into folders. Please add this feature.

Wesley_Ryan_Cla
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

why is @AIRTABLE completely silent on this front??? as a paying customer (for multiple workspaces) i find this disrespectful and infuriating. and with the โ€œnewโ€ HOME update โ€ฆ now I cant even move the damn bases around anymore!!! WTH!!! Just why??? are you purposefully hurting your users???

Who has found a better alternative to migrate to??? #WRC

Kenneth_Raghuna
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Stop sleeping on this one Airtable!

Mordechai_Pollo
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

We are looking at Airtable as an alternative to Monday.com Right out of the gate I am looking to start things off with folders and come to find out there are none. Wow! As MANY have said thus far, this is a pretty basic feature for such a robust tool to be missing. Please do roll this out ASAP or at least share with the community why it is not being done. Thank you in advance! Mark