Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Ability to lock fields

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rebecca_Flores
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Unless Im missing it, I would like the ability to lock changes to fields in a base and/or records. Would help prevent accidental deletion. I discovered several days later I had done this…

76 Comments
Arthur_Godiva
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator
Sophie_Watson
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I too would love an update on this.

Aside from accidental deletion, for security reasons it’s never good to have everyone on your team have full access to any level of data.
This feature would protect the data from team members with lower authorisation removing data intentionally or otherwise.
Loosing any data within these tables could have a huge impact on various aspects of a business.

Sarah_Watson
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Deciding whether Airtable would could be a CRM for us, but need to lock all fields to prevent user error.

Linda_Bonder
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Is there an update? We want teachers to input their attendance without worrying that they’ll mess up the student records.

annette_walsh
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

This is a vital feature for airtable to be viable for storing anything but the most trivial information in the company.

Amelia_Wong
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Is there an update on this? In using Airtable for a content audit, I’m finding it would be useful to prevent a sheet from accepting typos when selecting an answer in a pulldown menu.

Amy_Asch

I definitely want to be able to lock down certain fields to prevent accidental changes. In the schedules I work on, certain deadlines are fixed, and but deadlines for certain stages are adjustable. I’d like to be able to lock the fixed field so only an admin could make a change.

Could I make a particular field “read only” without making the view “read-only” ?

Mike_Yarbrough
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

We’re wanting to switch from Google Sheets to Airtable and this is a must. I’m surprised this isn’t already a thing. Even if you did this at the view level rather than the collaborator. Allow a view to have read-only fields then we can determine who has access to certain views.

Genevieve_Gelin
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Meee tooooo ! Pleeeeeaaaaaase !

Kenny_Rawlins
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Have we heard anything on this feature? This is becoming a problem point for us.