Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Ability to lock fields

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Rebecca_Flores
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Unless Im missing it, I would like the ability to lock changes to fields in a base and/or records. Would help prevent accidental deletion. I discovered several days later I had done thisโ€ฆ

76 Comments
Daniel_Molter

I would like to see this feature as well

Anne-Cecile_Cra
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I would love to be able to lock some fields as well ! So that my employees would be able to modify and use my template without changing the multiple select possibilities of my field.

Andre_Zijlstra
9 - Sun
9 - Sun

+1
Even when I use the database myself, I occasionally find me entering a value that is not in the list. The field will accept it obviously as a new value. I donโ€™t want that. I would either like to see a message that this value is not in the list, or even better: having the ability to lock the values.

Elisa_James

+1 vote from me. We also have a set price guide that should not have any changes made to it. I am new to AirTable and loving it. I understand you canโ€™t lock a record. Can a full table be locked?

Beth_Morgan
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1
Our use case is we have a huge list of Thing A with counts and a bunch of manually-created categories, and a second table of Thing A we use to paste in updated counts (because thatโ€™s the only data being updated and we donโ€™t want to disturb all the other fields, especially our hard-won categories). When we paste in the list of current Thing Aโ€™s and their counts to the update table, any new unique Thing Aโ€™s transfer over to our main table, and the new counts transfer as well. Thatโ€™s good! But this week someone got confused, and pasted the new Thing Aโ€™s directly into the main table, and since they were in a different order, they wiped out the connection between the Thing Aโ€™s and their proper categories. So basically we would like for the Thing A field in our main table to be open to the creation of new rows of data, but locked to overwriting of existing rows. Even better would be if this were variable by person or role.

Keith_Gibson
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Yes we need this it is already a issue for us.

Tom_Brennan
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Exactly โ€“ infinite use cases for this. Iโ€™m tracking submissions, by person and company. After a submission has been made โ€“ I need it saved forever. If a person changes companies, or if a company changes through Acquisition or merger โ€“ I need to be able to update my tables without it changing the Submissions records.

Kevin_Bratton
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1 for this as well.

We collaborate across multiple teams/departments and I would love the ability to lock down Single/Multiple selects so other users are not allowed to add more Options and only use the available selects.

Liz
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1 again, accidental deletions are a real problem for our team. Iโ€™d like to be able to lock to prevent accidental deletion and make sure additions and edits are purposeful. For a given field, Iโ€™d like to set โ€œlockโ€ that requires a simple โ€œunlockโ€ button to edit.

Shomrei_Emunah
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

we need this and YOU (airtable) need this . How can i trust mission critical data when accidental deletion is so easy?