Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Ability to View Uploaded files/mass download attachments

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Ryan_Schaper
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I would love to have a place where I can manage all the files that are attached to my base. Similarly, I could then attach the same document/image to multiple records without having to re-upload every time.

22 Comments
darren_mark
5 - Automation Enthusiast

if you send all rows with images to yourself as an email, and let the html images load, you can then copy and paste the entire email into excel including the thumbnails.

I would still love to see a bulk download feature of all the images.

Shelly_Fearer

Just discovered a pretty handy Google Chome Extension! It just saved me HOURS of downloading a ton of audio files. However, I did have to briefly play them for the extension to pick it up. But that, combined with a bulk renamer (link below), I am a happy camper!!

Bulk Media Downloader

Grab and download media (image and video) sources by monitoring network (like FlashGot)

http://www.bulkrenameutility.co.uk/Download.php

Adam_Romary

Would love to see a native capacity to do this.

The bulk media downloaders donโ€™t seem to recognize the *.stl file type that I am using. There may be some settings that I could tweak, but I donโ€™t have time to futz around with them. I ended up exporting as csv, opening the spreadsheet, copying the urls and pasting them into a Chrome extension called โ€œOpen Multiple Urlsโ€. This extension searches through the pasted text to find valid urls and opens them. I really like the filter feature. Then the urls that were file links auto-downloaded.

Mike_Wills
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

The workaround I use is using wget. It takes a little work but if you download CSV which contains the download URLs, you can write a BASH/BAT file to download from a listing. Doesnโ€™t make since if you have 20 files, but makes a ton of sense if you have 200 files.

Export to CSV; break up columns if have multiple files, unpivot, write a command line, use wget.

Jasmine_Ruth
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Another thing that would be helpful, is the ability to create a base by uploading a bunch of files. For example, I have the need right now to create a record for about 50 images. Iโ€™d like to just upload all 50 images and it create 50 separate records but there is no way to do this. I have to go in and add each attachment to each record which will take so much longer.

Katherine_Duh
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

If you click and drag a selection of files into an Airtable while in a gallery view, then drop the dragged files onto the add new record button, you can create a new record for each file youโ€™ve dragged in. Dragging the files onto the new record button brings up a dialog asking if youโ€™d like to create one record with multiple attachments, or multiple records with a single attachment each. The newly created record(s) will automatically get named after the file attachments. You can read more in the Power User Guide here, under the section called โ€œMass uploading attachments with gallery view.โ€

massupload.gif

Jasmine_Ruth
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Yes! Thank you for this!

Dane_Ciolino

You can create new records in bulk by uploading multiple images in the Gallery View. Each new record will be named with the file name of the attachment.

John-Paul_Kerno
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

This just downloads low res files. Pretty useless as a long term solution unfortunately.

Abdulrahman_Alz
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I made an extension that downloads all of the attachments for a field into a ZIP file.