Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Add Linked Field by Barcode

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Jeff_Miller1
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hey, I would love to be add entries to a linked field by scanning barcodes with a mobile device. This would be a great way to implement inventory or attendance tracking quickly and easily. This would require adding a โ€œbarcodeโ€ search option to the linked records popup.

3 Comments
Kamille_Parks
16 - Uranus
16 - Uranus

I agree completely. It would also be helpful for event managers to track participants, or anyone who uses Airtable as a check-in/check-out system. Name badges or key cards can have a barcode on them, and if we can link records using a barcode scanner it would make the process run smoothly.

Jeff_Miller1

Yes. Exactly what I would like to use it for. I want to track attendance with QR codes on name tags. A doorman would be responsible for scanning the tag as attendants enter. I would keep a table with each event as a date, and then add the attendants via linked record field.

Moe
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

Weโ€™ve built a barcode scanner (or QR code) that allows you to create new records by scanning barcodes. The scanned values of these created records could be a linked field.