Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Add new linked record when entering data in a form

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Daniel_Robbins
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

One of my fields is a link to another table. I’d like end-users who are using the Form to add data to be able to create new records in the linked table but from the primary table data entry form.

139 Comments
Jeremy_Duquesne
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Push! It would help me a lot!

I want my coworkers to enter data through forms, as these allow me to make some fields mandatory for them to fill out among other reasons. However, as soon as I have a linked table and the record does not yet exist, they cannot fill out the form. I would really like this to work!

Thanks in advance, Airtable team!

Lizette_Taylor
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

This would help substantially!

Let us know if this is on the horizon!

Thanks Airtable.

Sprints_Sneaker
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

If the “Add new record” button was added to Forms that would a big improvement for me, so that I don’t have to force users through another form just to add the option they wanted to type.

wrasse
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Adding a +1 to this. @Airtable is this on the roadmap anytime soon? If yes, I’ll wait to build my forms until it comes out.

Thanks!

Meaghan_O_Riord
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

@Matt_Bush any updates? I am exploring AirTable for my organization. The idea is to basically share my workload with another team so that I am not stretched so thin. The trick is getting this other team to do the work. Without being able to add new records to other tables in the same base from the Form view, they’ll never do it. It won’t work. It looks like this is a repeatedly requested feature. Since it can be done from grid view, I don’t understand why it can’t be done from Form view. Please help!

Facundo_Sanchez

Need this feature too.

holy_mackerel
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Come on guys. Give us this feature :slightly_smiling_face:

daniel_friis
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Need this urgently too!

Sunny_Salyards
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

100% PLEASE add this functionality. We’ve been discussing this for 2 years…

Gary_Pavitt
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

This would be really useful for a project I’m prototyping too…