Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Add new linked record when entering data in a form

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Daniel_Robbins
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

One of my fields is a link to another table. I’d like end-users who are using the Form to add data to be able to create new records in the linked table but from the primary table data entry form.

139 Comments
Drikus_Eksteen
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi Matt. Please help us fixing this issue with the add-new-record-in-forms-field-with-linked-record issue. We are using Airtable in a big way across two companies. I can also see there is some other frustrated users out there. This is a very important step to really be able to automate things. This absent feature still require a lot of manual labour. To take an example. On our livestock marketing platform in the Agriculture industry we require users to enter their details for new deals. Obviously old users will just pop up in the form, but new users need to enter their names and then we have to manually enter them in the linked record column. Now we have to look to Zapier or other workflow integrations to let this happen. Very impractical. I hope to hear from you soon. Kind regards

Eugenio_Mejia
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi Matt,

I have several paying clients who are not very technically inclined keep asking for this feature. Is there a workaround for this feature?

I have lost customers in the past because the explanation of why this feature works in Grid View, but doesn’t work in Form View is always very weak.

+1

Adrian_Nugent-H
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Please create this! This is a large pitfall :-1:t5: :-1:t5: :-1:t5: :-1:t5: :-1:t5: :-1:t5: :-1:t5:

Jason_Smith
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi everyone. I hope this reaches the team at Airtable. My scenario is that I’m just testing out products similar to yours and I just wanted to let you know that, unfortunately, I’m going to have to pass on Airtable because I was looking precisely for the OP’s feature. It’s a pity, because Airtable looks like a great product. Unfortunately I need a product right now so I must move on and continue my search through other products. But, I want to wish you the best of luck. I’m most certain that your other users–both existing and future–absolutely need this feature.

Anton_Oparienko
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Would help us in our meetings form submission. +1 for this feature

Evos_World
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Jason what products are you looking at?

I’m in the same boat and if you’re looking at Coda, they have issues of their own and I don’t recommend them. Airtable and Coda need to have a baby and we might actually get a product we all want.

George_Smith1
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Yes AirTable… only posting to confirmthis feature is required… get cracking ! wayyyyy over due

Gert_Vanstapel
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I need this so much…

Carson_Cozzens
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Please add this feature! This should be an easy fix! You have it working in Grid View. My clients aren’t the most skilled when it comes to this stuff. The ability to create new linked records while in a form is a critical function.

Thomas_Rush
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1 would love to have this feature.