Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Adding audio att

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Remy_K
5 - Automation Enthusiast

would be great to record Andrée add audio attachment to my databae from my phone microphone…

7 Comments
Eduardo_Pimente
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

+1 !!
Audio recording into fields would be great for field workers who can’t stop too much time into typing texts.

Airtable is fantastic as it is easy to use and can be done by field workers with their smartphones.

That being said, as their jobs are outside only, and smartphones are not the best tools to write long texts in, if they can record audios using their smartphone’s microfone inside the correct fields / registers, our much needed info would be in the database as it’s our desire!

Please give us this feature! It can be on the same “Attachments” field type!

Conan_Phelan

A capture audio feature would be great. I would like to be able to record pronunciation of customer names using a form.

Jean-Philippe_E
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

+1

• add audio attachement field
  • record audio notes from the mobile app
  • retrieve audio notes from Android (new feature in Pixel 4)
  • perform transcript speech2text
  • comment at a given time code (like in dropbox or soundcloud)
Eduardo_Pimente
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Yes, I’ve been looking for audio notes since I started using Airtable!

Laura_Miller
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I would like to use voice record directly into Airtable (as attachment?) and have it transcribe it to be able to copy & paste into a different software that’s password protected.

itoldusoandso
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

This would be a great addition. I have successfully connected Google Vision API and Google Translate API and was going to add Google Speech API and was automatically assuming adding voice notes / voice recordings is possible directly from AirTable mobile app interface.

I can add the audio files through Zapier or Integromate via Google Drive (and record them into google drive using a Google Drive voice recorder). But these are too many steps.

The example use case is to use Google Speech App to process the voice recording into text.

Right now, Google Speech API is not available as an app anyways, so we would need to use Integromate to use it with AirTable.

Ideally I would like to record voice / audio using AirTable form editor and have either Integromat (or ideally using AirTable Apps) do the Google Speech API to text.

UPDATE:
… OK, I was too quite. Google Speech API doesn’t support MP3 format yet. That could be probably reason AirTable isn’t rushing with the Audio recordings yet. MP3 format is only supported with beta version of Google Speech API, which I have no idea how to activate.

https://googleapis.github.io/google-cloud-dotnet/docs/Google.Cloud.Speech.V1P1Beta1/index.html

I figured out how to activate the API with Integromat but only works for select formats such as WAV and FLAC or specialized voice recording formats.

Alternative would be to use Zapier with their zap for Philips Speechlive but that is not free (starts at about $10 per month).

Kamau_Georges
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1
I would really like be able to record an audio direct into the attachments field on airtable for audio journaling. I use airtable mostly to manage students at my music school and sometimes there just i’snt enough time to write down what i need capture before the next session. I end up using drop box to capture voice note then add it to the attachments field. Please add this functionality.