Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Additional Colors

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Kyle_Stenson
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

I would like more than the default 7 colors. I frequently have need for more and it becomes confusing when colors start to repeat.

14 Comments
Andrew_Enright
9 - Sun
9 - Sun

Please extend the additional 33 Pro colors to the bases themselves, when on the team home screen. We enjoy the wider range when within our base, but would like to use one of the new colors for the base itself (base icon, header behind table tabs, etc.).

Zoe_Williams
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Whatโ€™s the justification for only making the colors available within the paid plan? The colors start to get confusing once you have more than ~5 options in a picklist, or if you have multiple picklist fields in a base. However, I donโ€™t think I can justify upgrading our subscription to the tune of several thousand dollars annually forโ€ฆmore colors.

Jeremy_Oglesby
14 - Jupiter
14 - Jupiter

I donโ€™t work for Airtable, and I enjoy the benefits of free software as much as the next personโ€ฆ but I think we need to remember that Airtable is under no obligation to provide us with anything at all for free. If they decide it is in their best interest for maintaining a viable company to provide perks in an attempt to get people to upgrade to paid plans, it is well within the bounds of justification.

As free users, we benefit only because Airtable actually does have some paying customers who provide the income Airtable needs to keep the servers that host our free bases running, and the developers that improve the software paid so that they can support their families. Without paying customers, Airtable wouldnโ€™t exist at all, and without perks incentivizing the paid tier, there would be no paying customers.

Just my two cents. Iโ€™ve no interest in arguing the point or causing bad blood.

Zoe_Williams
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I fully understand that, and do not disagree that Airtable needs to find ways to entice users to buy subscriptions (obviously) โ€“ my point is simply that โ€œmore colorsโ€ by itself is probably not a sufficient enticement for most users to upgrade, because the Pro/Enterprise plans come at significant cost (both for individual users or for organizations that have multiple users/teams collaborating in the product), and color pickers as a concept are pretty commoditized. No company is going to pay $24+/user/month annually for the sole purpose of unlocking 20 additional colors for 2 field types โ€“ especially when other tools give you the whole rainbow for free.

Disclosure: I think Airtable is a fantastic product and obviously want to it to continue to be viable and make money. Just questioning the logic behind the colors thing. Blocks? Blocks are worth paying for. Lots of expanded/advanced functionality there. Colors? IMHO, not so much.