Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Advanced User Permissions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jonathan_Fuller
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Again running into issues with not having more granular control of User Permissions. Wondering if this is on the Roadmap and if so (Though I know you can’t say when) is it one of the higher priority items?

You all are awesome. Thanks!

261 Comments
Jindy_Mann
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Agree with this. I’ve just added a similar question around allowing users to edit a record without giving them access to the whole base.

Sarah_Filipiak
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Yes, please!! Definitely would increase security and reduce my worry to be able to give collaborators access to just certain views in certain tables!

Sharmam

Agree View Level Permission should solve most permissions problem for example if we want to restrict options to choose from in main view, we can make main view write only and rest all linked tables with options as read only !!

Chris_Sanders
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I’d suggest View-Level permissions: Restricted (no access), Read, Write, Admin (with admin being able to change fields, sharing, etc.). This would solve most situations I’m coming across.

Michael_Berman1
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi all!

I believe that I have a direction that I have been trying to communicate regarding access control. I would like to be able to create a ‘table set’ - and then share that table set.

Using lookup on hidden tables restrict drilling without actually implementing granular control on the data.

With a little bit of creativity you can have separate data sets with the ability to share specific data…

It would be similar to hiding tabs in excel, but has much more power. It is also a great tool to limit options on the main screen and simplifies user experience even if all of the information remains accessible by drilling…

Looking forward to this!

Michael

Peter_Schroeder

Adding my vote for this functionality.

Howie
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Hi all, thanks for your continued interest in this topic! As @Katherine_Duh mentioned above, there’s no “one-size-fits-all” model for granular permissions, and so there won’t be a day when we suddenly release a silver bullet that solves all permissions needs for all users. However, we are actively exploring a few specific options that may at least help with a subset of use cases. One or more of these changes may go out in early 2017.

There’s a few interesting suggestions surfaced by various folks above. Other suggestions, and especially specifics of the underlying problem you’re trying to solve, would be very helpful to us! We’d love to hear the details! What industry you’re in, what exactly you’re organizing with Airtable (cattle? marketing projects? job applicants?), and who exactly you want to be able to see what.

Thank you!

john_berger
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Here is an example. I have a table I want to share with an order and production specs. One person I want to share it with I just want them to be able to change one column - a qty filed on what they produced.

Another example. I want to share a table with someone who is not good at computers so I designed it to have the minimum data she needs. I done want her to even see other tables as she will get confused but this table does have to be in the same database

It seems pretty simple - each view, table etc should have share permissioning. Ideally each column as well

Dianna_Atchison

We have a table of accounts and prospects. We would like to limit access to the (insurance) agent to which each belongs. Some companies may need to be viewed by more than one agent. I believe view permissions would give us what we need.

Jose_Cardoso
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Permission per table at least is needed to be able to have several people on the same base.
At least you could add edit or not permission per table for each user defined by base owner