Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Advanced User Permissions

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Jonathan_Fuller
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Again running into issues with not having more granular control of User Permissions. Wondering if this is on the Roadmap and if so (Though I know you canโ€™t say when) is it one of the higher priority items?

You all are awesome. Thanks!

261 Comments
rjmuz
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1
Iโ€™m an advocate of Airtable for app prototyping; more advanced user permissions would represent a big step towards more heavyweight prototypes.

rjmuz
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Agreed! Even just at a high level - whatโ€™s on the roadmap.

Seongji_Kim
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

effectively handed a well-developed feature idea on a silver platter. Pretty please team Airtable! I second this feature 100%. :pray: :pray: :pray: This is especially useful for teams collaborating with external contractors on project basis!

lynne_sagen
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Reading this Iโ€™m thinking that an option to Lock specific Columns / Rows / Cells from Changes by others may be very useful - thinking how to implement and keep it simple. And I know there have been times I put a complex formula in a column and Iโ€™d like to lock it from changes except for a few specific persons.

Jeannie_Ruesch
5 - Automation Enthusiast

HI - Wanted to add in a specific use case and need where this would be a HUGE time saver for us. We work on projects with outside agencies โ€“ and Iโ€™d love to be able to use airtable to manage projects with them. However, I donโ€™t want to share my entire base with them โ€“ just the table of deliverables that they are a part of it.

Without that, I have two choices:

• share the entire base with the same permissions on all tables, which is not ideal
  • create a separate base, for which Iโ€™d have to duplicate the same tables in multiple bases and even then, I wonโ€™t get the full picture from either base.

To me - table level permissions is necessary for teams who work with outside agencies.

Raphi_Levine
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I too need this feature.
I am running a consulting shop for software implementation.
I have one master list on which I track all of our clients open items.
I have a view for each client, of their open items and would like to provide them editor access JUST TO THEIR VIEW.
Very disappointed that this is not possible today!!!

Jarvis
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Hi Katherine, are advanced user permissions on the roadmap for 2018? Iโ€™m guessing a lot of users would love to know that (even if itโ€™s not coming out this year). Thanks :slightly_smiling_face:

Hugh_Macken

+10 for more advanced user permissions. In my case, I would like someone to make changes to the base without having access to the entire base. This is not currently possible without using workarounds like forms that are much too cumbersome.

Jarvis
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

This is so true. Really hoping Airtable gives us a roadmap on this feature

nnnnneil
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

So hereโ€™s the good news - I heard from AT support this month:

โ€œAdvanced permissions is something we have been working towards but as you can imagine it is something that we want to have 100% right from the get go. We know this has been a feature users have wanted for a long time and we want it too! There is, however, a lot of background work that is done to pave the way that isnโ€™t visible to the end user. Rest assured that we find this feature as important as you do.โ€
:partying_face: