Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Advanced User Permissions

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Jonathan_Fuller
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Again running into issues with not having more granular control of User Permissions. Wondering if this is on the Roadmap and if so (Though I know you canโ€™t say when) is it one of the higher priority items?

You all are awesome. Thanks!

261 Comments
Maylene_So
5 - Automation Enthusiast
  • 1 to this post. This is 1 reason why our company doesnโ€™t want to purchase airtable licensesโ€ฆ needs better security to hide certain tables/views from users.
Oren_M
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Same here. A very needed functionality.

BobBannanas
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I want to be able to invite Collaborators to a Base, and have it to where they are only able to view/edit records they are assigned to.

What are the chances of this ever happening?

Mark_Schad
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Any response from Airtable on this? Per-table security is a must!

Kelly_Meredith
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Couldnโ€™t agree more! As we look to leverage Airtable as an enterprise solution, the ability to set user permissions is huge! In our organization for example, we need the ability to provision someone into a workspace for a specific project task, without giving them access to everything in the workspace. Privacy is key as we have certain more โ€˜confidentialโ€™ projects we are working on at any given time. Would love an update on timeline for bringing this to the platform. Thanks Airtable!

Pearl_Pospiech

Same. I have a view that I can share with my collaborator right now, but they canโ€™t edit anything unless I add them as a user to the whole base.

Is there a way to restrict the editing to just one table, without giving them access to all tables in the base, at least?

BobBannanas
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Here is a pretty simple example that is NOT complex. The majority of Airtableโ€™s users CAN comprehend a simple diagram. If they couldnโ€™t comprehend the image below, Airtable wouldnโ€™t even exist in the first place.

The amount of $$ in development of this feature will be paid back to Airtable in the matter of days with the amount of Enterprise customers switching over.

Here is an example of what is possible. Their system is very much set up like Airtables. I just donโ€™t see why this is that big of a โ€œtechnical hurdleโ€

58F8D6CC-081E-4353-8CC5-2FB1F9DDBFDF.jpeg

Mark_Schad
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Agreed. I cannot convince my directors to sign off on an Enterprise subscription until there is user or user-group level security.

It seems that a unix-like user-group system would work wonderfully. Attaching users to various groups, and groups to various views.

Most users do not need to create views.

BobBannanas
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Something along the lines of this would be amazing.
Collaborator options at View level/Table Level.

Access.PNG

how.PNG share.PNG

S_Steketee

One more request for robust user permissions. My use case is that a staff person processes our payroll and invoicing in an Airtable base for which they must be able to add/update/move/delete data. But the payroll and invoicing are subsequently used to generate information for a gross/net profit table in the same base that only management should be able to see. I should have read the AirTable documentation more carefully before devoting months to getting this in place because now, without the user permissions, it is a dead brick for us.

I see this thread going back to 2016, almost three years. Thatโ€™s disappointing. One can buy the โ€œwe are proceeding cautiously to make sure we get it rightโ€ response for only so long, especially on basic access/security fundamentals.