Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Advanced User Permissions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jonathan_Fuller
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Again running into issues with not having more granular control of User Permissions. Wondering if this is on the Roadmap and if so (Though I know you can’t say when) is it one of the higher priority items?

You all are awesome. Thanks!

261 Comments
Jarvis
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Thanks. Any update on this would be welcome, particularly whether it’s on the roadmap at all or not. It’s been half a decade since this was first requested, and this is 2nd largest thread in this forum, so there’s a lot of users who would want to know where Airtable stands with this.

Smart_M
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

For many years now, I have not been able to fully use AirTable due to the lack of Advanced User Permissions.

Every time I get an email from AirTable about what’s new - I hope to see Advanced User Permissions. But instead, I see some kind of visual decoration and controversial innovations.

When will you do Advanced User Permissions?

J_Jones
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Chiming in to keep this request alive.

A solution that would help would be to limit view shared link visibility to specific users (even specific paid users), rather than email domains. Right now we only have one paid user, the administrator. This is not because we want to, but because Airtable’s lack of granular permissions forces us to operate this way. Everyone else at our company is in the free tier. We can somewhat control permissions and data visibility by sending out shared view links restricted to our domain, and letting free users make changes/create records through forms. Onboarding and termination are a headache, as we manually track and update shared view links on a per-employee basis. Linking shared views to user accounts, or better yet, role based groups of user accounts would make all of our employees paid users.

Would be curious if any other businesses out there would have more paid accounts with a better user permissions system. Might help with getting this feature request prioritized.

Ivan_Chernyshuk
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hello!
Are there any news about permissions? The huge amount of teams can’t use AirTable because it doesn’t have permissions. So, everybody have to show all information for everybody, including secret and important information. I think, permissions - is the foundation for CRM, databases or other similar products.
If you need more feedback, help or more information - you can write me: velikrus@gmail.com
So, the most of community is waiting for this feature. Really hope you complete this task as soon, as you can!
Thanks a lot, Ivan Chernyshuk

oliver_leo
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I wanted to about the update of permission. If anyone has the news please share

Jeff_Kemp
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

#1 reason we don’t adopt Airtable for more use:

limited permissions, either access to entire base or nothing unless embedding view somewhere externally or just sharing a link, i.e. we can’t have team members who can only see certain tables or field, they see EVERYTHING in the base

“Field/table editing permissions do not affect who is able to see information in the base. To share only a limited subset of information in your base, use a view share link and optionally, a form.”

We have been using Airtable in limited capacity for about 4 years, and there has been no change on this requirement. Such a shame.

J_Jones
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Same issue for us. Would recommend trying Stacker. It’s overpriced and the interface is not as smooth as Airtable’s, but it solved most of our issues with view permissions.

Or maybe view permissions will be baked in to Google Tables when it’s released.

Mike_Wu
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Yes I Second this I have been paying 350 a month for Stacker just to get this feature but the interface is clunky and the interface is not as good as Airtable.

@Rose_K

Can we please get this to work at Airtable?

Seriously can we start a go fundme or something

J_Jones
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Worth watching Table Talk 15.

Seems like view permissions are actually a high priority for Airtable and may start being released in 2022.

Paola_Rojas
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Second the urgency of these requests. Would really need to see a restriction to duplicating bases (shocking that it is allowed to any users not only creators/owners) and restricting some views so that not all users could see them (so not having the option of seeing everyone’s personal views for some users)
Have gone through all the individual tables and fields restrictions and using forms where possible but the above is a big big need.
Hopefully the cryptic messages on the upcoming changes that CPO mentioned in table talk actually come this year!