Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Advanced User Permissions

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Jonathan_Fuller
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Again running into issues with not having more granular control of User Permissions. Wondering if this is on the Roadmap and if so (Though I know you canโ€™t say when) is it one of the higher priority items?

You all are awesome. Thanks!

261 Comments
Mario_Araujo
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hey folks, jumping in here obviously to stress the need to overcome this limitation of Airtable, but also to share that softr.io works extremely well for many of these examples, and unlike other alternatives mentioned, itโ€™s a cost-effective way and the end result looks great.

Have a great day, everyone!

Dune_Thomas
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Late to the conversation, but throwing my hat in this ring as well. I have a view that is only for key people. In that view is a field with a button that triggers a script. I donโ€™t want everyone to have access to run that script, but I canโ€™t edit permissions on a button field. Hiding wonโ€™t work cuz other collaborators can just duplicate the view and unhide that column. This is a critical piece of our workflow, and I hope AirTable makes this happen.

Jonathan_Naccac
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I canโ€™t stress enough how important it is for us to control permission levels on the View level or the Table level. I run an agency. I want to have everything in 1 base, but also want to control who sees what. I am not interested in building multiple bases with multiple syncs to keep track of. With over 95 employees, this means I would need to create/manage/upkeep 95+ bases (1 per employee). I love Airtable but this is a make it or break it feature. To add, this thread has been alive and well since 2016 and still going in June 2022, with close to 300 ppl voicing this need (this doesnโ€™t include the thousands who have not expressed their concern and simply never sign up or leave the platform). I find it disappointing that this isnโ€™t even on your radar @Airtable . Again, kudos for creating such an amazing platform, but itโ€™s all for nothing if it creates more work for your users rather than make things efficient as is intended. I hope you see this and decide itโ€™s important enough to take action.

J_Jones
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Per Emily here, it seems like thereโ€™s something in the works, at least for interface view permissions. Also mentioned by ATโ€™s CPO in February.

If it doesnโ€™t materialize, there are a handful of competing companies that are actively working on this functionality (along with bonus features like self hosting and vastly increased record limits). Either way, youโ€™ll likely have options by early 2023.

Jonathan_Naccac
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Thanks for sharing! I mustโ€™ve missed Emilyโ€™s post in this thread.

Ivan_Chernyshuk
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hello!
The community is waiting for the feature of user permissions to see lists and so on.

Jarvis
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

For those still waiting for Airtable to bring advanced user permissions, hereโ€™s a new competitor SmartSuite that seems to do it right, and it just launched a couple of months back.

Donโ€™t take my word for it though, but watch this video: Is SmartSuite the best no-code tool? ๐Ÿคฏ 3 gamechanging features - YouTube

J_Jones
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I think they did itโ€ฆ Airtable Blog Article

Jordan_Scott1
Airtable Alumni (Retired)

Hi all -

I hope youโ€™re doing well.

As mentioned above, I wanted to confirm that we now have granular permissions in Airtable :tada:

This includes the ability to share an Interface without sharing the associated base and current user filter improvements. You can learn more details here.

If you have any questions, please drop them in the thread above!

Jonathan_Naccac
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

This is great, thank you !