Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Aesthetic customization of forms

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Chris_Ashton
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Unless I’m missing something, there doesn’t seem to be a way to modify forms beyond adding or removing fields.

It would be great if we could make even basic HTML/CSS changes (background colour, alignment etc), add labels or at least be able to lay things out differently.

As a working example, I’d love to create a form for the first stage of a finance application. Part of this would require a table which would be filled out something like this:

Credit Card | $50 /month repayment | $3,000 balance
Personal Loan | $240 /month repayment | $15,000 balance

There are a minimum of 5 rows in this table that users must complete. With the current form restrictions that means adding 10 questions which is a LOT of scrolling and makes it feel very cumbersome:

If you have a credit card, what is the current balance?
$3,000

If you have a credit card, what is the minimum monthly repayment?
$50

And so on.

I’m currently trialling the pro version which does add some great features but this one still appears to be lacking.

Thanks!

6 Comments
merlinregis_Thi

I couldn’t agree more with you! :slightly_smiling_face:

Imagine having close to 50 SHORT fields to answer. Instead of having 50 vertical questions, if we could put 5 of them in the same row, it would bring us down to ONLY 10 rows of questions!

Brett_D
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Where are we at with this Airtable? I am trying to directly capture data from a form on my website, but I don’t seem to be able to customise the style of the form? I would have thought this was a pretty basic feature request?

Kamille_Parks
16 - Uranus
16 - Uranus

some basic customization of form displays is a must! The UI could be a simplified version of the Page Designer so users can set field widths, spacing, etc.

This will make AirTable users less reliant on Zapier and 3rd party apps

Joshua_Renfro
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I 100% agree that this is a “must” feature

Rosary_Rada
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi. May I know if we can change the color of the SUBMIT BUTTON from blue (standard) to say BLACK?

Moe
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

We built an advanced form for Airtable that allows you to have more control over your form design.