Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Allow custom CSS overrides (and scripts) on view pages

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Crystal_Beasley
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Airtable is letting me do about 95% of what I need for creating an app for recruiters to review job seeker profiles. I made the resume the cover image, but even in the record detail view you can’t read the text in the image. If I could write some custom CSS it would give me so much flexibility to fix this and a whole range of other issues!

It’s such a bummer when a platform is SO close to doing what you need but then you have to go write the whole thing from scratch because there’s one critical thing missing that could be fixed with a CSS override. Custom scripts would also be A+! Squarespace allows this and it makes so much possible. They specify that they can’t support pages with custom code, which is fine with me.

I’m going to use Espresso to make the changes. If that works as well as I hope, then I’ll investigate making a browser extension which will allow those overrides to be shared with our team.

Thanks for the excellent product. I’ve not been this excited about a new platform in I don’t know when! I just started telling friends about it yesterday and already four have signed up.

4 Comments
Paul_Clark1
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Custom CSS for Airtable would be great. A simple example I’d like to see: tightened up kanban view, where I’d would like to remove the white space between cells, but I am sure there will be more I’d like to see. Colors, etc…

Benjamin_Wheele
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Agree! I’m trying to hack the CSS to make the background transparent, seems a shame that Airtable’s making me work around it instead of WITH it

simienap
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

This would be nice.

An unofficial workaround to add custom css is UserStyles, which utilizes an extension for your browser. If you’re a Chrome user, you can download the extension here.

Once you finesse your style, you can publicly share for others to implement or build from.

p.s. These styles are only viewable by those that install UserStyles and activate theme.

Lisa_Jervis
  • a million for custom CSS. I want to change the look and feel of forms more than is currently allowed and this would be so great!