Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Allow hide the "Create a View" panel

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
itoldusoandso
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

Please allow hiding the Create a View pane on the bottom of the Views pane. I want to keep the Views pane but don’t want to see the “create a view” section. I suggest to add a toggle on the view configuration. This adds additional space to view the list of views without need to scroll it (not ideal on small laptop screens).

hidepan

18 Comments
JonathanB
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

Yes please! Really starting to bug me that you can’t do these. I have multiple people using my bases, some of whom are less familiar with Airtable than others, and they keep inadvertently creating views I then have to delete because they’re clicking in the wrong place!

Another welcome feature would be to turn the ability to create views on or off for individual users, not just those at certain permission levels (editor, creator).

Rose_K
9 - Sun
9 - Sun

Hello all!

As of today, the ‘Create View’ section of the view sidebar is now collapsible, freeing up screen real estate so folks can more easily access all their views and sections. :dizzy:

Screen+Recording+2021-06-16+at+08.20.22+AM

kuovonne
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Thank you very much!

Was this a staggered roll out? I have been enjoying collapsing that section for at least a day or two.

Rose_K
9 - Sun
9 - Sun

@kuovonne you are correct, this has been a week-long staggered rollout. We just finished the rollout to all users today :slightly_smiling_face:

Jarvis
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Great to see this change.

Also wow, looks like writing to support actually does work faster! :grinning_face_with_big_eyes:

ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Yay! This is great news. :grinning_face_with_big_eyes:

Databaser
12 - Earth
12 - Earth

Great! Another UX improvement :raised_hands:

itoldusoandso
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

Amazing and fabulous Airtable support team - thank you. Looking forward to seeing more good news, please keep them coming.