Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

API Endpoint: Duplicate Base

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
TroyTessalone
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

Airtable Standard API
Add endpoint to duplicate a Base

Settings

• Choose Workspace
  • Duplicate Records
  • Duplicate Comments
10 Comments
Gruff_Vaughan
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I definitely need this! Our use case is:

We're a video production company, and we have a default template base for each project we do. When a new project is set up in our master Airtable base, we set up projects across a bunch of different platforms via Zapier. I need the API to duplicate our base template in Airtable, which we can't currently do, so we have to manually duplicate the base each time. Pretty much the only aspect of our project setup process that has to be done by hand atm. Very frustrating!

Pierre-Philippe
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Similar for me. We are an engineering company. Each project is a base. This base is actually duplicated manually and some "parameters" are introduce.

What it can be interesting is having the possibility to duplicate the base by API (or in an other way) based on some parameters.

tech9
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1 we also need this for similar reasons. I want to streamline the process of duplicating the base without records and creating a few new records that I need, different for each base.

EricJ

Would like to see this as well. Being able to automatically duplicate a base would solve a lot of the roadblocks I am having with the platform. I would like to use Airtable far into the future as we grow our product, but currently the lack of ability to fully manage the schema with the API is causing me to reconsider Airtable as a scalable platform for our app.

Right now Airtable is a great platform to get started with. However, the lack of various features that allow me to automate the management of several identical bases is causing me to reconsider how far I take Airtable with our product.  Since I can't script out everything (i.e. cannot script Linked Tables the way I need to with prefersSingleRecordLink, cannot change select lists, cannot delete fields) I am left with upgrade processes that require manual changes. If I at least had this functionality, I could create a new empty base with new fields configured how I need them, then I could migrate data from old base to the new base.

Gruff_Vaughan

May the Airtable deities look favourably upon us :๐Ÿ™

EricJ

๐Ÿ˜€  Indeed!

fiasst
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Landed here because Iโ€™m researching how to duplicate a Base (used as a dynamic template) and itโ€™s Views too via the API and Make. If this isnโ€™t currently possible, please add this feature because it unlocks so many possibilities and closes the gap with Google Sheets features. 

Matt_Irvin
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Add my vote for this feature

richardknowles
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1

mkabdul
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1