Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Attachments: Ability to paste (cmd + v) a screen shot into the field from my clipboard

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Kevin_Rieg
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Would like the ability to past a screen shot into the attachments field.

Use case: If I am tracking visual changes to design project I can easily paste in a visual reference for the change.

19 Comments
David_Krizan
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Hi @Stephen_Suen, no itโ€™s definitely not working for me on the Mac desktop app (latest version). Iโ€™ve tried 100+ times and I just tried at least a dozen times more just now. Iโ€™m using Mac OS Mojave.

However, it is still working on the Web App.

David_Krizan
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

@Stephen_Suen Itโ€™s been nearly a month, any updates on this? This has been very annoying, as the last big updated REMOVED this very useful functionality from the Mac desktop app. Now whenever I want to post a screen capture to an Attachment field, I have to stop what Iโ€™m doing in the desktop app, open up a web browser, locate the particular record, and then do in the web app what I previously was able to do in the desktop app rather simply. This is very disruptive and to be completely frank, yes, this just really sucksโ€ฆ

Kasra
9 - Sun
9 - Sun

Hi David,

Thanks for your patience. This should be fixed in the desktop app now.

David_Krizan
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Thanks @Kasra, Iโ€™m very happy to see this work again! :slightly_smiling_face: I previously had to open up the given record in a web browser and paste in a screen capture from there, which was very cumbersome.

Stacey_Cummings
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I agree with that, add an option on the left. Took me forever to figure out how to do this. Tried everything, then searched the community and if I donโ€™t click in exactly the right place on the header, it opens up my explorer window to hunt for file.

David_Krizan
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Every single time Iโ€™ve explained this to other users (especially in remote calls), itโ€™s always awkward and counter-intuitive. Itโ€™s likeโ€ฆโ€œNo, you canโ€™t paste it into the cell, you have to click the plus icon and thenโ€ฆno, you canโ€™t just keyboard shortcut paste or right-click paste, you have to click where the little computer icon is to give the panel focus and then paste via shortcutโ€ฆno right-click menu, you have to Ctrl+V or Cmd+V to paste, but you have to click the top header firstโ€ฆโ€ Then they ask me again a couple weeks later when they forgot.

So, simple solution, add a โ€œPaste from Clipboardโ€ icon/action and ideally a right-click action to paste. Donโ€™t make people think here, it just adds confusion.

Karlstens
11 - Venus
11 - Venus

Thread Necro. Itโ€™s 2021, how is not being able to copy an image and paste it directly into an Airtable attachment cell not a thing yet? Can we please have some improvement here?

USAfri_Admin
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Agreed โ€“ Iโ€™m a film editor and am pasting clips-stills all the time โ€“ in other apps like OmniOutliner. Even two clicks and some scrolling is not feasible, given the ease in other apps.

Street_Team
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I second (third? fourth?) this idea. Having to expend the cell to paste from the clipboard slows down my workflow significantly. This would be a wonderful feature.

Thanks Airtable team!