Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Automatic bidirectional linked records in same table

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Cat_Holland
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Is there a way when linking Record A to Record B that Record B can automatically be linked back to Record A?

84 Comments
Elias_Gomez_Sai
13 - Mars
13 - Mars

Would be better to have Stories and Issues tables, not?

Oliver_Holtz
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Often, issues and stories need to be prioritised against each other. Also, an issue can sometimes turn into a story when reviewing them with the team. For these reasons, I have them in one table.

S_D1
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Adding my voice to the masses too. This feature would be amazing for my lightweight CRM.

Denys_Maksymov

Really need this too!

Tim_Nugmanov

Adding my vote too :exclamation: Notion has this.

Brazzells_To_Au
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I really need this too! In my โ€œindividualโ€™sโ€ tab Iโ€™m trying to link parents to children. No they canโ€™t be separate tabs or it will screw up attendance and several other tabs. Please oh please allow this!! Itโ€™s literally doubling the workload

Jeremy_Oglesby
14 - Jupiter
14 - Jupiter
Brazzells_To_Au
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Thanks! Thatโ€™s exactly what I needed. Still donโ€™t know why itโ€™s not a toggle in Airtable

David_Isaac
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Essential for program and technical management. We have lots of parent-child relationships, and โ€œtraceabilityโ€ forward and backward is essential.

Masha_Bykin
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Would love to see this added. Iโ€™m building a glossary and need to cross-link related terms to each other. There is no parent/child. Terms are just โ€œrelatedโ€ and adding the link from either term should make it visible in both.