Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Generating QR-Code of a Database entry

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Roman_Keller
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Should be possible to have a field for a QR-Code generating the information of an entry

6 Comments
Loic_Chapuis

Hi,
Another thread already exists discussing this exact topic :

https://community.airtable.com/t/barcode-creation/

and you may find one solution thanks to this reply and Zapier :

Another solution may be to use a script through the Chrome plugin Blockspring. It seems a little out of update and I never used this system, but you can find some info and examples in this video :

Good luck :winking_face:

PeterMengO

Hi Loic! Iโ€™ve never seen a โ€œScriptโ€ button in Airtable, nor can I find reference to itโ€ฆ Would be curious to know how you came upon it? Thanks!

Loic_Chapuis

Hi Peter,
The โ€œScriptโ€ button is part of the Blockspring plugin. Itโ€™s apparently made for Google Chrome and uses APIs from different services to trigger actions and Python as the main scripting language.

The idea is to be able to create add-ons for different services without the need to subscribe to something like Zapier or to have a dedicated server to run the tasks.
All the scripts run on your machine in Chrome.

As mentioned previously, Iโ€™ve never used this plugin. The only downfalls I can see are the apparent lack of a community (the web page does not work) and their GitHub has not seen any update since December 2017.

Hoping these pieces of information are of any help :slightly_smiling_face:

PeterMengO

Thanks Loic! Thatโ€™s a great help! I need to give it try. Iโ€™ll post here once I have results.

Moe
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

We made a simple tool that generates QR codes in bulk. It takes a list of URLs in Airtable, converts them to QR code images and adds them to a new field.

qr-code-generator

Jonathan_Vasque
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hello @Loic_Chapuis,

I am very curious to know more about how you were able to connect Blockspring to Airtable. I have downloaded the extension to my chrome but I do not know how to connect it to Airtable. Also, thereโ€™s a part where you link, in the script, to create-qr-code and well I am not quite sure how you got that link and/or how it works. Please advise since I am trying to incorporate the same concept as you did to an inventory tracking system at my work. Thank you.

Best regards,

Jonathan