Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Generating QR-Code of a Database entry

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Roman_Keller
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Should be possible to have a field for a QR-Code generating the information of an entry

6 Comments
Loic_Chapuis

Hi,
Another thread already exists discussing this exact topic :

https://community.airtable.com/t/barcode-creation/

and you may find one solution thanks to this reply and Zapier :

Another solution may be to use a script through the Chrome plugin Blockspring. It seems a little out of update and I never used this system, but you can find some info and examples in this video :

Good luck :winking_face:

PeterMengO

Hi Loic! I’ve never seen a “Script” button in Airtable, nor can I find reference to it… Would be curious to know how you came upon it? Thanks!

Loic_Chapuis

Hi Peter,
The “Script” button is part of the Blockspring plugin. It’s apparently made for Google Chrome and uses APIs from different services to trigger actions and Python as the main scripting language.

The idea is to be able to create add-ons for different services without the need to subscribe to something like Zapier or to have a dedicated server to run the tasks.
All the scripts run on your machine in Chrome.

As mentioned previously, I’ve never used this plugin. The only downfalls I can see are the apparent lack of a community (the web page does not work) and their GitHub has not seen any update since December 2017.

Hoping these pieces of information are of any help :slightly_smiling_face:

PeterMengO

Thanks Loic! That’s a great help! I need to give it try. I’ll post here once I have results.

Moe
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

We made a simple tool that generates QR codes in bulk. It takes a list of URLs in Airtable, converts them to QR code images and adds them to a new field.

qr-code-generator

Jonathan_Vasque
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hello @Loic_Chapuis,

I am very curious to know more about how you were able to connect Blockspring to Airtable. I have downloaded the extension to my chrome but I do not know how to connect it to Airtable. Also, there’s a part where you link, in the script, to create-qr-code and well I am not quite sure how you got that link and/or how it works. Please advise since I am trying to incorporate the same concept as you did to an inventory tracking system at my work. Thank you.

Best regards,

Jonathan