Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Automatic bidirectional linked records in same table

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Cat_Holland
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Is there a way when linking Record A to Record B that Record B can automatically be linked back to Record A?

84 Comments
Nadege
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1 ! Pleaaaaaase build this :slightly_smiling_face:

Justin_Moore
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Adding another vote here - this seems like a massive oversight that it is not already a feature! I need parent-child relationships to work and be accessible from either direction

Jozef_Petro
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1 ! Really need this one.

Vykintas_Gloden
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Also +1 vote for this feature.

I have a list of companies and some of them are parent to other companies (while these other ones - are the child companies).

Whenever I mark company A as parent to company B - I need to have a cell next to company B which indicates that itโ€™s a under a parent company A.

Shayne_Bundy
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

+1 from me, as well.

Shanta_Nathwani
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Iโ€™m trying to use this for dependencies on a game design floor plan. If I add a link to another room as an option for a direction for someone to go to, I have to go to that record and add the link to the previous record manually. I should be able to link to one and have the dependency exist.

Miranda_Essig
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1 I am trying to use this like Jira which has tasks and sub-tasks within the product backlog table

Gerard_M

+1 I need this for a User Story hierarchy. When a User Story turns out to be too big to do in one sprint, we change it to an epic create a bunch of User Stories under it to do a phased implementation. Each of these stories has the Epic in a Parent field. I want another field that shows all the Children of the Epic. And no running of scripts. It should work exactly the same as when I link records between table.

I could easily see a tick box or on/off switch on the LInk to โ€ฆ dialog when creating a link to the same table. The switch would ask โ€œCreate reverse linking field?โ€ and if you say โ€œYesโ€, it lets you provide a name for . Much like the automatic lookup is offered after linking to field in a different table. So easy to do! Why is this taking so long.

Jean-Philippe_E
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

+1
In Table A I have 2 columns :

• LinkToA
  • ReverseA

There is no way for ReverseA to see A that Link to me.

Jessica_Pena
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Adding my +1 to this feature, it would be immensely helpful. Iโ€™m feeling a little stuck now that I just learned that there is NOT bi-directional linking within the same tableโ€ฆ it has made my information more clunky :frowning: