Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Automatically populate cells based on other fields in the same row

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Matt_Sayward
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

I’m using Airtable to track leads in my company.

Using a form view, my salespeople add interactions to a table. One of the first things they click on is a date field where they put the current date and time.

I would love to have a column at the end of the row titled Next Contact Date that would use a rule like =Contact Date + 15 days.

Is there any way to do that I’ve missed, or is this kind of thing on the roadmap?

3 Comments
Matt_Sayward
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

Ignore me I’ve solved this!

Though I have spotted something that needs fixing:

Screen Shot 2016-04-19 at 16.50.15.png

The Date Added column on the left is manually inputted, the column on the right uses the formula DATEADD({Date Added}, 10, ‘day’).

However, the column on the right is not inheriting the calendar formatting from the column on the left. (I’ve set it as European on the left column, but the formula column defaults to the U.S. style with no way to modify)

This will be very confusing, especially on days that fall between the 1st and 12th of the month.

Nathan_Cain
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

This link might help you: https://support.airtable.com/hc/en-us/articles/203255215-Formula-Field-Reference#date_and_time_funct...

Have a look at the function named DATETIME_FORMAT

Daniel_Czertok
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

how do i send you a private message? i need work for hire with airtable data base web site. i am at dc295@cornell.edu