Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Automatically resize uploaded images

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Il_Ballo_del_Do
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hi there,
is there in the future roadmap of airtable development the possibility to upload images, automatically resizing images through predefined settings (crop image, image max dimensions, image quality, auto rename, etc.).
Thanks in advance

13 Comments
Chris_Knight
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

It would be very handy to be able to do some simple editing, especially image size and crops. File sizes of photos taken in the mobile app and attached to a record are often too large for what is needed.

Ben_Stevens
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I’d love to be able to rotate attached images as well.

Robert_Hyndes

Yes this is driving me nuts. My bases look terrible with all different sized logos

Arturo_Martinez
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I would like to be able to control the size/quality of pictures loaded/attached. I use the mobile App to track expense receipts but it is way too slow to take and upload pics, Being only receipts low image quality/size may fix the slowness issue. Any ideas anyone? Thx

Chad_Taylor
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Yes, I would find this very useful.

I take a lot of pictures in the field and I don’t need high resolution. I need speedy and efficient uploads.

The way I see this working would be a “Defaults” definition on the “Attachment” field type.

I would like to define a maximum height in pixels or a maximum width in pixels. Any picture added to the field would be scale resized according to the defined maximums.

When taking pictures on the mobile app, the workflow could be:

1. Tap the “Camera” icon on the Attachment field. This opens the camera.
  2. Take the picture.
  3. On the “Retry” or “OK” confirmation screen, you could tap-drag a box on the picture to crop. If cropping occurred, present another “Retry” or “OK” screen with the cropped image so you can accept, reject, or crop again.
  4. Once you tap “OK”, then you resize the image according to the field’s image size defaults.
  5. The resized image is uploaded to the Airtable.
Viet_Anh_Hoang
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Second this. Would be great if each base could config the image size. For many use case, user only need a small size image.

Kendall_Shortt
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Agreed. Just being able to resize the image automatically would be helpful and actually editing the photos would be the cherry on top.

Eric_Petersen
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

I just hit the 20GB ceiling for Attachments in the Pro Plan. Like others on this thread, I do not need high res pictures for receipts… It makes the base size a lot larger than it needs to be. A Block to resize images would be nice. For now, I will have to separate the “Over limits” base into two bases.

Moe
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

We built an extension that compresses images on Airtable in bulk. You just need to name the field where the images are stored and it will shrink their file size + upload them to a new field. You can also set it up to automatically process any new records going forward (unlimited records).

Moe
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

We just built another extension for resizing images’ dimensions. You can set an exact width and height (or just one to maintain aspect ratio). Also you can use it to scale-down images based on a parentage.

Bulk Image Resize on Airtable - miniExtensions

A tool to resize images on Airtable to save attachments storage space with a single click! Works with JPEG, JPG, PNG, etc.