Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Better mobile embed styling options and row layout

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
paul_phillips
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I’d like to suggest some more options for styling the mobile embed views of Airtable:

• Ability to choose which columns are displayed in the mobile view

• Ability to highlight (via card background color) specific cards in the table

• Show sort and filter button

• Show all fields by default on each card (useful for tables with a small number of columns)

• Drop all the box formatting around cells - why is it even necessary on mobille?
    boxes.PNG

The way mobile is displayed on airtable are the moment makes comparing rows in the table quite difficult. I think this needs to be improved. The table on this page may be a way to display tables on mobile - switching from horizontal view to vertical view. http://www.theverge.com/circuitbreaker/2016/10/4/13138204/google-pixel-phone-vs-iphone-7-galaxy-note...

2 Comments
Rachel_Stelmach
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I’m in favour of options to change styling too. One thing I don’t agree with the OP is about “Drop all the box formatting around cells - why is it even necessary on mobille?” - I like boxes, boxes are good to show where to stick your finger, but iƒ not everyone thinks this way then perhaps better to have it as an option. Personally I’d use the option to make the line width a bit heavier.

Derek_Clark
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

The big problem with not being able to customize the form styles is that it frequently doesn’t fit into the customer’s site / app. Even something as simple as being able to change the Form Title to a color other than green would be huge!