Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Billing feedback

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aristeidis_Zagk
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

this is excellent and usefull but i consider unfair for pricing
a person who is just a commenter, to have the same billing with an editor. I am not saying put commenter for free, but since it is a permission level between an editor and a read-only it would be fair to have half price in the billing. I would like to add in our bases 2-3 people as commenters but the annual budget get much higher without actually needed. Please reconsider your billing policy about this new feature.

thank you

Permission levels and billing
The cost of upgrading a workspace (and of paying for subsequent months/years of a premium Airtable plan) is affected by the permission levels of your collaborators.

When calculating your bill, the following people do count toward the number of users in your workspace (and will therefore increase your per-month or per-year charge):

Workspace owners
Workspace collaborators at the creator level
Workspace collaborators at the editor level
Workspace collaborators at the commenter level
Base collaborators at the creator level with access to at least one base in the workspace in question
Base collaborators at the editor level with access to at least one base in the workspace in question
> Base collaborators at the commenter level with access to at least one base in the workspace in question
However, neither of the following types of collaborators will count toward the number of users in your workspace (and therefore, neither will increase your per-month or per-year charge):

Read only workspace collaborators
Read only base collaborators

5 Comments
Hashim_Warren
9 - Sun
9 - Sun

Agreed. Slack allows 1 guest for every X paid members.

Jasmine_Ruth
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

@Katherine_Duh his is a step, I know you are working on this and excited to see the developments. The one thing that would make the commenter permission 100x better is if they were accounted for the same way “read only” were for paid accounts. Before this was available we wanted this so that our customers could comment on a line item and @ tag us and communicate with us directly via Airtable so it links to the record they are talking about. When this new commenter permission was released we were excited by this, followed by disappointment that we would have to pay for commentors, why? They should be treated the same as read only since they can not add, remove or manipulate any data except making a comment. Please consider this, and thank you.

Matthew_Billio1
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

@Katherine_Duh,

This is really exciting, and has great potential. Also, I can see why you are pricing the commentor group instead of making it a free group (it took developer time to implement, and it WILL be consuming more resources then a simple viewer in terms of dev support).

However I’m in somewhat of an agreement with @Jasmine_Ruth and @Hashim_Warren. From a business and intuitive perspective, most users wont pay for “commentor” permissions. At least my company wont. However, we WOULD pay a lump sum for the ability to add up to X number of commentors.

For example, charge us $25 for the ability to add up to 10 commentors, and $25 for 20 more commentors, and lastly a check box to “call for additional bulk licensing options”

Jasmine_Ruth
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Any update here? We’ve wanted this for a long time, but to make us pay for someone that can only comment is not reasonable and I gather by these comments, any paid accounts won’t be using this feature :frowning:

Jasmine_Ruth
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Just checking in on this, any more thought? @Katherine_Duh?