Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

BUG: Horizontal Scroll Moves Vertically

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Goce_Ristov
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Shift + Scroll was working very well up until a few weeks ago. I am not sure what you guys changes, but it is definitely only a bug related to Airtable. Shift + Scroll works fine in every other windows application. Also tried the following from a few completely different PCs and the bug is still present. So it is most definitely Airtable related.

Whenever you hold shift and scroll, it moves horizontally fine. But at the end of the scroll, it moves a few rows up or down depending on the direction you’ve moved your mouse scroll wheel.

This was not the case up until a few weeks ago. It all started happening when you updated something. So please try to fix this one. It is very annoying and makes horizontal scrolling rather useless.

24 Comments
Axl_Andersson
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Still doesn’t work on web or application… (Chrome & Windows)

Taliah_McDowell
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hello, I’m just checking in. I see this is a pretty old thread, but still no fix. Are there any plans to have this issue resolved anytime soon? I’m sure this seems like a “small” issue, however, it’s extremely frustrating to not have this feature when navigating a horizontally lengthy spreadsheet. And it was something I noticed almost immediately - as it’s a function that I use on most platforms (not just spreadsheets). Looking forward to an update regarding this issue. Thanks!

Kurt_Germaine
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Posted this on another thread about this same issue.

Also, for whatever reason the mouse will keep snapped to the horizontal scroll bar when I’m trying to manually move it. That’s annoying too. Please fix asap please! Or at least respond to this forum again with several of us highlighting something that’s been an issue for a while.

Thank you!

Jenks_Guo
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hey team, could we have this available on windows please? This is a huge counterproductivity feature…

Taliah_McDowell
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hey Everyone! If you’re anything like me, I know this is driving you insane! Especially the fact that they haven’t even bothered to respond to any of their users. I couldn’t take it anymore… That’s bad business for me. I found another platform that has WAY more flexibility and functionality (oh and the horizontal scroll is EVERYTHING!) - you can literally build anything. It’s called Notion - it’s a learning curve, but SO worth it in every way. I hope that helps someone. (Curious to know how long this message will stay… if it disappears, we’ll know this issues are monitored but ignored :winking_face: ) Peace and Blessings!

Axl_Andersson

I already use Notion and have still found Airtable to be superior in some ways. But I agree with you, if Airtable choose to ignore basic sh*t like this, it’s starting to look more attractive to move. Bye Airtable!!

Angelo_Piscitel

I have used Notion, CLickUp, Monday and Airtable and honestly, ignoring such basic corrections that allow the application to function in alignment with BASIC digital behavior is a baaad signal (c’mon, shift+scroll is like the international way to scroll horizontally).

Kurt_Germaine
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hey folks at Airtable,

Any reason why this topic isn’t being addressed?

Being heard is a huge first step.

Thank you

Angelo_Piscitel

Hey folks at Airtable,

Any reason why this topic isn’t being addressed?

Being heard is a huge first step.

Thank you

+1

Angelo_Piscitel

Well, here we are again 2 weeks later…