Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Bulk update field permissions

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
JonathanB
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

Itโ€™d be really useful if there was an option to bulk update field permissions. I have a growing base with a growing number of users, where I need to set editor/read only access at the field level for each user. The base has several hundred fields in so this is quite time consuming. An option to select a user, and the tick each of fields they can edit would be very helpful!

5 Comments
Harry_Singh
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Seconded! I would at least like a table wide permission setting on editing records, in addition to the current create and delete record setting.

Matteo_Ottavian
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Thirded! It is a pain to update all the fields one by one every time we have a new hire.

Jordan_Scott1
Airtable Alumni (Retired)

Thank you all for sharing your thoughts on this! Wanted to pass along that earlier this year we launched bulk field editing.

This allows you to change the editing permissions of multiple fields at once by pressing Shift (select adjacent fields) or Cmd (select non-adjacent fields) and selecting the fields youโ€™d like to edit.

More information can be found here, but we hope this is helps! :heart_eyes:

JonathanB
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

Thank you so much for this!

Jasmine_Ruth1
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I know this is years old but still seems to be an issue, no way to bulk update. We have a few bases within our Workspace that are management only, and MANY bases that we need all employees to access. We have to painstakingly give access to each base to each new employee. It would be great to be able to bulk give access or bulk change permission levels.