Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Calendar metadata

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
osulop
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Something that would be hopefully rather easy to implement is adding support for a location text field in the generated calendar feeds. Ie. just a regular text field that is turned into a LOCATION line in the iCal feed.

12 Comments
Matt_Stevenson

Yes!!! This would be so helpful. Right now the calendar has no other info in the notes or location fields of iCal feeds.

Joel_R_Putnam
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

+1 This would be very, very useful for my needs, too.

Jeremy_Oglesby
14 - Jupiter
14 - Jupiter

Having this feature built into Airtable would definitely be more convenient.

In the meantime, if you need a work around, you could use Zapier to create a Google Calendar event based on data from a record entered into Airtable. It’s a simple enough operation that it could be done with a 2-step zap, which means it can be done on Zapier’s free tier.

If you don’t use Google calendar, I’m not sure what other calendar integrations zapier supports. There may be plenty of other reasons why this wouldn’t work for you, I’m aware of that - just throwing out a possible workaround. (ie, don’t respond back to me to explain why my idea won’t work for you or why it’s a terrible idea :winking_face: )

osulop

I have tried a Zapier integration, but at least earlier the problem was moving and removing calendar entries, as the integration could only add new meetings and not modify the existing ones.

Jeremy_Oglesby
14 - Jupiter
14 - Jupiter

It is possible to update and delete calendar entries in response to Airtable changes, but I believe that might require multi-step zaps, which would require a paid Zapier account. I haven’t set up the deletion/update of calendar events before, but I know I’ve seen those options in the google calendar integration in Zapier.

Joel_R_Putnam
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Has anyone else tried? Would really like to do this using part of a record for location data, and concatenating a couple other fields for notes, especially for records whose dates can and will change (and therefore need to be updated in the, in my case, google calendar).

Joel_R_Putnam
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Just tried myself and didn’t have a lot of luck, mostly because it had a hard time matching existing calendar and airtable entries. Also, would be nice for us free users to be able to have one-way sync with metadata.

Drew_Tagliabue
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1: I could really use native Airtable ability to fill in calendar event data fields from table data. #1 request would be a location field in table to Location: field in calendar event.

Dan_Roberts
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1 - any progress on this? My company invested in Pro accounts to be able to make use of the calendar feature specifically, but this might be a dealbreaker for us.

EricWongMusic
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I have a zap to create google calendar event with the trigger of record addition to a table. Matching all the field between Airtable to Calendar. It works fine. I can customize the Airtable field for Event Location.

The update event zap takes multi steps require paid plan. I have a successful zap when I was on trial. If your execution load is not high, you may consider Integromat, similar to Zapier, its free plan allow multiple steps to do so!