Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Calendar metadata

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
osulop
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Something that would be hopefully rather easy to implement is adding support for a location text field in the generated calendar feeds. Ie. just a regular text field that is turned into a LOCATION line in the iCal feed.

12 Comments
Matt_Stevenson

Yes!!! This would be so helpful. Right now the calendar has no other info in the notes or location fields of iCal feeds.

Joel_R_Putnam
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

+1 This would be very, very useful for my needs, too.

Jeremy_Oglesby
14 - Jupiter
14 - Jupiter

Having this feature built into Airtable would definitely be more convenient.

In the meantime, if you need a work around, you could use Zapier to create a Google Calendar event based on data from a record entered into Airtable. Itโ€™s a simple enough operation that it could be done with a 2-step zap, which means it can be done on Zapierโ€™s free tier.

If you donโ€™t use Google calendar, Iโ€™m not sure what other calendar integrations zapier supports. There may be plenty of other reasons why this wouldnโ€™t work for you, Iโ€™m aware of that - just throwing out a possible workaround. (ie, donโ€™t respond back to me to explain why my idea wonโ€™t work for you or why itโ€™s a terrible idea :winking_face: )

osulop

I have tried a Zapier integration, but at least earlier the problem was moving and removing calendar entries, as the integration could only add new meetings and not modify the existing ones.

Jeremy_Oglesby
14 - Jupiter
14 - Jupiter

It is possible to update and delete calendar entries in response to Airtable changes, but I believe that might require multi-step zaps, which would require a paid Zapier account. I havenโ€™t set up the deletion/update of calendar events before, but I know Iโ€™ve seen those options in the google calendar integration in Zapier.

Joel_R_Putnam
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Has anyone else tried? Would really like to do this using part of a record for location data, and concatenating a couple other fields for notes, especially for records whose dates can and will change (and therefore need to be updated in the, in my case, google calendar).

Joel_R_Putnam
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Just tried myself and didnโ€™t have a lot of luck, mostly because it had a hard time matching existing calendar and airtable entries. Also, would be nice for us free users to be able to have one-way sync with metadata.

Drew_Tagliabue
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1: I could really use native Airtable ability to fill in calendar event data fields from table data. #1 request would be a location field in table to Location: field in calendar event.

Dan_Roberts
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1 - any progress on this? My company invested in Pro accounts to be able to make use of the calendar feature specifically, but this might be a dealbreaker for us.

EricWongMusic
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I have a zap to create google calendar event with the trigger of record addition to a table. Matching all the field between Airtable to Calendar. It works fine. I can customize the Airtable field for Event Location.

The update event zap takes multi steps require paid plan. I have a successful zap when I was on trial. If your execution load is not high, you may consider Integromat, similar to Zapier, its free plan allow multiple steps to do so!