Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Can links be sent that open the mobile app if installed?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jennifer_Hart
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I am trying to use airtable for our applicant tracking system. I love the interface on iOS, especially the option to text or call right from the phone number field in the form for each applicant. However, when I use the iCal subscription link to put the interview dates on people’s calendars, the link opens the record on the airtable website and not the mobile app. This might be fine if the phone recognized the phone number as a link and opened the phone app, but it doesn’t. Is it possible to have a link that opens in the iOS app? We can manually calendar the interviews if I can put a link to the record that opens in the iOS app. Thanks!

13 Comments
Keith_Taylor

Hi,

We send direct links to Airtable records to our clients via email. But when opened up on a phone (tested on Android thus far), they just get directed to the main Airtable website.

Is it not possible for them to login and view this on their mobile device, or even ‘Open in Airtable’?

Cheers

Keith

Michael_Berman
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hi Keith,

I have set up a couple of forms that drop data into Airtable from a link on Android - you need to press on the square with the arrow beside the 3 dots on the row where you set the view and enable the share link option (from your PC). It will give you a link that directs the user to the view that you would like to share with them.

Good luck. Its an awesome database - the best advance in the last few years.

Michael

Keith_Taylor

Hey Mike,

Thanks for the reply! It’s nothing to do with the forms in this case, it’s just the actual record links.

E.g. opening the below link on Android - instead of taking to the login page to see this, or offering to “Open in Airtable” if it is installed - just takes the user to www.airtable.com/product

https://airtable.com/tblXXXXXXXX/viwVVVVVVVV/recYYYYYYYY

Our clients want to see the record from their mobile devices (the record URLs like above are sent to them by email).

Cheers

Keith

Y_K
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

When you pass the URL of a base, view or record to someone (via email or IM for instance) they should be able to click on the URL to open the base directly. However on iPhone it just takes you to the browser asking you to download the app. Could this be fixed?

Justin_K
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I have a zap that sends a text message with a link to a specific Airtable record within a specific view – it opens a page in my browser that says I need to open it in the app, with a link “open in app”. Can’t that just happen automatically if the app is installed?

(I think this is a similar use case)

Michael_Hall

Running into the same issue. We have our Address Fields as linked records, and our phone numbers as phone fields, and neither are clickable.

bthoma

I agree with this suggestion. At this point, this is expected behavior and is something I’ve seen implemented with other competitions to Airtable. If a moderator sees this, can we understand if this is in development or the road map?

Thomas_Moore
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

…Has this been addressed? It’s only been 3 years, and I can’t find any other posts on this. Who wants to open links in a browser when they have the app installed??? I sure hope I just overlooked something.

Londya_E

Yea this is still not done yet. Just tried today :frowning:

tyzhik

Try link in this format:

airtable:///tableID/recordID

It works for me