Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Can links be sent that open the mobile app if installed?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jennifer_Hart
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I am trying to use airtable for our applicant tracking system. I love the interface on iOS, especially the option to text or call right from the phone number field in the form for each applicant. However, when I use the iCal subscription link to put the interview dates on people’s calendars, the link opens the record on the airtable website and not the mobile app. This might be fine if the phone recognized the phone number as a link and opened the phone app, but it doesn’t. Is it possible to have a link that opens in the iOS app? We can manually calendar the interviews if I can put a link to the record that opens in the iOS app. Thanks!

13 Comments
Londya_E

Actually you’re right, it does work. I created the record url wrong. left out a character

Drew_Arensberg
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

This is great @tyzhik! How did you make it a clickable link? When I automate the creation of a URL column and automatically add this link format into an email it comes through as unclickable text. If I copy and paste it into my browser it triggers the “Open in Airtable” modal so it definitely works!
link

Luke_Johnson1
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

notice that the link in your email has the appID and viwID which ARE NOT part of the format shared.

just do exactly like @tyzhik suggested

Pay attention to

• the three forward slashes
  • and only including the table and record ids

it works for me still in apr 2022

to make it clickable, since it looks like you’re using Airtable automations to send the email. Then you probably can make it clickable via markdown syntax

link text

Something like:

Open in Airtable