Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Collapse/Hide list of tables, to maximize work area

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Lissa_Jagodnik
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I have a rather long list of tables at the moment (though I am hoping to combine some of them into fewer tables), and the tabs are taking up about half of my laptop monitor. It would be nice to be able to hide these tabs to increase the size of the work area.

2 Comments
Matthew_Billiod
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

This suggestion seems tangentially related to some solutions posed on โ€œLink to other basesโ€ feature request.

See point 3 under the post of Katherine_Duh, provided here below. Essentially, instead of creating โ€œlinksโ€ to other databases, a solution was posed (and received extensive discussion) that involved โ€œVIEWSโ€ (creating one big base, instead of separate small โ€œlinkedโ€ bases), and having different โ€œVIEWSโ€ show or hide the desired tables. The quote below was only the very beginning of the long discussion which fleshed out her point 3.

L_Team

While linked bases would be cool I totally understand that Airtable has a lot to think about there.

That being said:

+1 for the ability to hide tables within a base. Our team currently has over a dozen tables in our most used base. There are some tables that we only use once a month and it would be awesome if we could just hide them and have more space to work at the top of our screen.

Any updates on the possibility of this feature? @Katherine_Duh