Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Color Code / Hide Tables?

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Aaron_Owen
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

I would like the ability to color code my table buttons in the UI. This way I could group tables together by color and function.

I currently have 11 tables that track different aspects of our business and people access them to interact with the data. Iโ€™d like to be able separates these โ€œworking tablesโ€ from tables Iโ€™ll be connecting to Cognito Forms for capturing client entered data. For safety / simplicity, weโ€™ll be adding a new table in Airtable for each form on our website. Weโ€™re looking at creating about 8 different forms.

Iโ€™d love to be able to color the tables that our employees will be interacting with, and assign a different color to the tables that exist as a data store for form data.

As a related, but possibly separate request, Iโ€™d like the ability to hide / show tables. This would be especially useful for join tables that arenโ€™t supposed to be accessed directly, but rather as a way of creating many to many relationships.

31 Comments
David_Schloss
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I canโ€™t believe itโ€™s three years since this was suggested, but I really need this as well. I have one base to track all the events we invite press to attend. Iโ€™ve got dozens of these events in my base, and I need to know which are active, pending, completed. Having the ability to color the tab seems really basic, and Iโ€™m surprised it hasnโ€™t been implemented in the three years since it was suggested.

Bradford_Kuntsc
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1 to Hide/Show Tables and Color Code Table Tabs! Even better would be able to Group Tabs of Tables by some categorization and toggle those categories On/Off.

Btbml
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Iโ€™m reworking a few of our bases which are getting really large.
Show/Hide Tables and Color Coding Tables would be a big help

L_Team
5 - Automation Enthusiast

+1 for hiding tables - Our team would greatly benefit from being able to keep certain tables hidden until we need to interact with them (once a month).

We hadnโ€™t really thought about color coding the tables, but that too would be helpful.

If anyone has a work around to hiding a table weโ€™d love to hear about it.

Florian_Kuhlman
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1 for Hide/Show Tables. Any updates on that?

Martin_Kranz
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

big +1 for hiding tables

Nathan_Heironim
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Another HUGE โ€ฆ

+๐Ÿ‘†

• Color-coding tables

• Show/Hide tables (per user?)

โ€ฆ Both features would be SUPER helpful for navigating and managing bigger, more complex bases.

Caroline_Ng
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Please enact this feature!

Christopher_Ba1
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

We would like to see this feature as well. It would be very helpful.

Yvan_Belier

We would like to see this feature as well.