Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Color Code / Hide Tables?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aaron_Owen
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

I would like the ability to color code my table buttons in the UI. This way I could group tables together by color and function.

I currently have 11 tables that track different aspects of our business and people access them to interact with the data. I’d like to be able separates these “working tables” from tables I’ll be connecting to Cognito Forms for capturing client entered data. For safety / simplicity, we’ll be adding a new table in Airtable for each form on our website. We’re looking at creating about 8 different forms.

I’d love to be able to color the tables that our employees will be interacting with, and assign a different color to the tables that exist as a data store for form data.

As a related, but possibly separate request, I’d like the ability to hide / show tables. This would be especially useful for join tables that aren’t supposed to be accessed directly, but rather as a way of creating many to many relationships.

31 Comments
David_Schloss
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I can’t believe it’s three years since this was suggested, but I really need this as well. I have one base to track all the events we invite press to attend. I’ve got dozens of these events in my base, and I need to know which are active, pending, completed. Having the ability to color the tab seems really basic, and I’m surprised it hasn’t been implemented in the three years since it was suggested.

Bradford_Kuntsc
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1 to Hide/Show Tables and Color Code Table Tabs! Even better would be able to Group Tabs of Tables by some categorization and toggle those categories On/Off.

Btbml
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

I’m reworking a few of our bases which are getting really large.
Show/Hide Tables and Color Coding Tables would be a big help

L_Team
5 - Automation Enthusiast

+1 for hiding tables - Our team would greatly benefit from being able to keep certain tables hidden until we need to interact with them (once a month).

We hadn’t really thought about color coding the tables, but that too would be helpful.

If anyone has a work around to hiding a table we’d love to hear about it.

Florian_Kuhlman
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1 for Hide/Show Tables. Any updates on that?

Martin_Kranz
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

big +1 for hiding tables

Nathan_Heironim
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Another HUGE

+👆

• Color-coding tables

• Show/Hide tables (per user?)

… Both features would be SUPER helpful for navigating and managing bigger, more complex bases.

Caroline_Ng
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Please enact this feature!

Christopher_Ba1
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

We would like to see this feature as well. It would be very helpful.

Yvan_Belier

We would like to see this feature as well.