Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Color Coding in the Calendar View [SOLVED]

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sarah_Bagley
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hello! Does anyone know if it’s possible to color code so that in the calendar view, items show up as certain colors? I’m using AirTable as an editorial calendar, so I’d love to see my blog post topics on the calendar view show up in different colors depending on the category of post. For example, food posts in yellow, DIY posts in green, etc…

Thanks!

5 Comments
Matt_Bush
Airtable Employee
Airtable Employee

Hi Sarah,

We are currently in the process of introducing support for color-coded calendar views! It’s part of our new record coloring feature, where each record’s color can be based on either the color of a single select field, or conditions that work like filters.

At this time we are opening up a beta of record coloring to customers on our pro plans and higher. If you are on a pro plan and are interested in being added to the record coloring beta, sign up here.

Katherine_Duh
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

Hello again, Sarah!

Today we just released record coloring, which is a Pro plan feature that lets you color-code your calendar cards. You can set colors for records based on filter-like conditions, or just have the records take on the color of a designated single select field. Read more about it here!

Cindy_McNicholl
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I have a calendar view that has several types of dates, generated by separate columns in the main view. So each profect record may have several dates associated with it (Ex. Start Date, Due Date, Shoot Date, etc) We want to color each TYPE of date in a separate color on the calendar. Is there a way to do this?

Katherine_Duh
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

Hey Cindy! Today we just introduced an option for record coloring in calendar views that is only available when you’ve plotted multiple date fields and/or date ranges on a single view, called record coloring by date fields.

Record coloring by date field lets you color the record cards in your calendar view based on the date field or date range used to create the card—so you could set start dates, due dates, shoot dates, etc. to each have a different associated color.

Status changed to: Launched
MaddieJ
Community Manager
Community Manager