Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Color linked records to look like a single select

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Max_Goldberg1
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I love using the Single Select (or Multiple Select) fields to add a pop of color to a table, and be able to see things at a glance. I also love how easy it is to change a Single Select field to a Linked Record field, and to automatically create a new table using the data from that field.

But I don’t love that all my colors go away when I do this. I gain so much functionality, but lose the ability to see things at a glance. I know I can add a little colored stripe to the side of record based on certain conditions, but it’s not the same as the colorful pills in either Single or Multiple Select fields.

What if there was a way to take the conditional coloring from one table, and use that to add color to that record when it appears in another table in a Linked Records field?

Screen Shot 2021-11-17 at 1.04.50 PM
Screen Shot 2021-11-17 at 1.04.59 PM

12 Comments
Brenda_Ginsberg
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Cheers to this happening!

James_TCA
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I just rebuilt a DB to use more linked fields in place of single/multi-select and was disappointed to see everything turn to grey. The coloring is such a great option for visually seeing information quickly. Please provide a solution