Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Color linked records to look like a single select

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Max_Goldberg1
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I love using the Single Select (or Multiple Select) fields to add a pop of color to a table, and be able to see things at a glance. I also love how easy it is to change a Single Select field to a Linked Record field, and to automatically create a new table using the data from that field.

But I donโ€™t love that all my colors go away when I do this. I gain so much functionality, but lose the ability to see things at a glance. I know I can add a little colored stripe to the side of record based on certain conditions, but itโ€™s not the same as the colorful pills in either Single or Multiple Select fields.

What if there was a way to take the conditional coloring from one table, and use that to add color to that record when it appears in another table in a Linked Records field?

Screen Shot 2021-11-17 at 1.04.50 PM
Screen Shot 2021-11-17 at 1.04.59 PM

12 Comments
Brenda_Ginsberg
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Cheers to this happening!

James_TCA
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I just rebuilt a DB to use more linked fields in place of single/multi-select and was disappointed to see everything turn to grey. The coloring is such a great option for visually seeing information quickly. Please provide a solution