Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Comment In Cells

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Kyle_Stenson
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Often times, I would like to add a note or comment to a somewhat static entry.

To keep the tables clean, I like less information, but it would be great to drill down into a cell a little deeper and be able to make a comment.

5 Comments
Dean_Toland
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

You can actually already do this in the expanded view of a record (hitting space while the row is selected, or the expansion arrows at the far left). The tracking info down the right that shows all changes can also allow comments; you can tag others who view the Base in case they need to be aware of your feedback, or you can just add it for yourself.

Kyle_Stenson
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

@Dean_Toland, this allows you to add a comment to the whole row but not a cell individually, right? It shows up in the comments feed which mixes comments with changes and unless you indicate it in every comment, thereโ€™s no way to tie the comment to a certain cell.

Dean_Toland
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Youโ€™re absolutely correct @Kyle_Stenson, my apologies for overselling the comments. :slightly_smiling_face: They are record specific, not field specific; it might be a temporary workaround until more functionality comes, but I have certainly seen in my own bases that field specific comments would be preferable as well.

Kyle_Stenson
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Hereโ€™s hoping :slightly_smiling_face: . Thanks, Dean!

Henry_Copeland
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Iโ€™m experimenting with moving over from Google spreadsheets. โ€œComment on a cellโ€ seems pretty basicโ€ฆ still not available?

If not, Iโ€™m trying to suggest (but not demand) possible edits for text in a cellโ€ฆ suggestions for how to do this?