Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Comment Notifications

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PTNTH
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

When a user comments on a record they are automatically notified of updates to that record. Although this can be switched off by ticking “not watching”, it seems repetitive and annoying as it is the norm for me and my team not to watch records.

I appreciate that for most users, commenting and being automatically added to watching the record is correct. It would be good (as the base admin) to be able to switch off the auto-watching for all base users.

5 Comments
Holocode
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Four years later, there is still no way in the UI to change the setting from automatically watching records when you comment on them first time. 

Airtable team - feature request please!

Rachel_Grubbs
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Yes!  Still need this

Lclore
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Definitely need this. 

Felicia-J
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Still need this! Our team works on a high volume of records with many team members involved. Even after a record is assigned to another person, the original team member gets notified for the rest of time when there are comments added. It clogs up the inbox and makes the notifications useless. 

YousufIdris
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Still needed! Especially with all the project management use cases that are coming up.