Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Conditional Formatting

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Mike_Eovino
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Please consider adding conditional formatting based on formulas. This is a key feature in Excel and would greatly help in Airtable.

36 Comments
David_Hobbs
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi Katherine, can you quickly explain the syntax for including unicode characters for this?

Many thanks.

Katherine_Duh
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

There shouldnโ€™t be any special syntax involved for writing unicode charactersโ€”you can generate the unicode character however you would elsewhere, and then copy and paste it into Airtable. :thumbs_up: :100: :ok_hand:

Damien_Rozendal
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I like your sample code using Emoji and think this is certainly a great way to start distinguishing records.

My two most common use of conditional formatting is to note when a calculated (usually a rollup counting linked records) does not match the expected quantity listed as a simple integer in the adjacent column. Itโ€™s how I keep track of the changing linked records.

I like how Airtable makes relational databases friendly. Iโ€™m just starting to use the power under the hood.

Joshua_Soule
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Yes please, we need this feature.

Trey_Harris
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I think something that would work for me, which would still be Airtable-y, would be to have a โ€œHighlightโ€ button next to the โ€œFilterโ€ and โ€œSortโ€, where we can highlight rows that meet a certain requirement.

Connie_Thoreson
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I normally use a blank row of a different colour to easily see where I am in a spreadsheet when there are several rows related to one idea. In the meantime a poor manโ€™s work around I am using is to enter XXX in all the fields of the blank row that I would normally use a different colour in. So yes please to some additional formatting :slightly_smiling_face:

Matt_Sayward
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

Iโ€™m into this. That would feel at home, especially on the grid view. Not sure how or if itโ€™d apply to the Kanban/calendar/gallery views though.

Marshall_Vaughn
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Seconded. I use this ALL the time in other spreadsheet programs, and itโ€™s enough to drag me reluctantly away from my beloved Airtable. This would be a slam dunk.

Bazil_Marshall
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi Katherine,

Thanks for that suggestion of using the IF statement along with the IS_BEFORE to help highlight dates. It works for me, sort ofโ€ฆI have a table where not all of my entries have dates. While the workaround works nicely with all of the entries that have dates, any without a date report an error. Is there a way to deal with this?

Patrick_Rainsbe
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Bump. Bump Would allow for amazing capabilities for visual reporting of data to others.