Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Conditional Formatting

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Mike_Eovino
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Please consider adding conditional formatting based on formulas. This is a key feature in Excel and would greatly help in Airtable.

36 Comments
Co_Lewis
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1 this feature.

I use it for auto-highlighting things that are due at different stages (3 business days out ,versus next day, versus same day, versus overdue). Generally I put this formatting on one column of data (the โ€˜due dateโ€™) so that the sheet is not overcrowded.

Justus_Stewart
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Bump. This is a necessary feature for us to move our tools into AT.

Augusto_Carmo
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Would be great to apply colors to rows based in formulas!

Inna_Spivak
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1 for Conditional Formatting

Frank_Prenderga
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Would also love this feature. Right now on a spreadhseet I have I would like to be able to say:

If this single select field type equals โ€˜to doโ€™ then make the background of the row red. If this single select field type equals 'complete" then make the background of the row green.

It would make sense to be able to choose whether it was row or cell background colour that changed. I realise as well that you could run into difficulty if multiple columns have similar but different rules - I donโ€™t know how other spreadsheets handle this. Perhaps rules could have priorities assigned.

Katherine_Duh
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

Hey everyone! Today we just released record coloring, which is a Pro plan feature that lets you set colors for records based on filter-like conditions. It works on calendar, grid, kanban, and gallery viewsโ€”for calendar, the whole card receives a color; for grid, kanban, and gallery, the value in the primary field gets a color flag. Read more about it here!

Polen
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

I use Record Coloring and itโ€™s pretty great. I would still like to be able to highlight a column.

Robert_Wright
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Record color is nice and all but it is just another filterโ€ฆit may be different if I could put a formula in place but I cannot. Hereโ€™s an example. I need a column to tell me when I have gone over 40 characters. Creating a whole new column for a formula is just a waist of space. What if I needed this for every column. Just the ability to turn the cell red that went over 40 characters is so simple and invaluable!

Thanks for you time

Ben_Yang
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Really need this feature as well.

Mark_Hernandez
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

@Airtable_Support @Airtable_Team

Just bumped the topic regarding the lack of Conditional logic in Airtable forms and am now finding that there is no conditional formatting available for records and fields. Can someone from Airtable respond with status of these essential features. Thanks!