Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Conditionally Shown Fields in Interfaces, Similar to Forms

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HeyJessiJay
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Just as @Sean_Murphy1 asked here, the ability to have conditional data in interfaces. 

Sean's Example: if you’re tracking network outages you might use one field to specify that the cause is a power outage, in which case you would want other fields to appear that let you specify when the power outage started and ended (so you can track UPS runtime when the power goes out, and site recovery time when it comes back.)

My example: the attached has an "answer type" field but I still have to have all available fields (currency, text, number, etc) for the view to work with all the data types. 

If I could add conditions to fields (IF Answer Type CONTAINS Text, show Text Answer), only the needed fields would show and it make for a much cleaner user experience. 

3 Comments
bcrossley
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Specifically, if we can get this implemented on Record Review interfaces, and Record detail pages, that would be awesome

Allen_Douglass

bump

Drew_Nemer
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

I agree. this should also apply to sections in the Interface expanded record, show certain sections upon certain conditions are met.